Traditional Grant Funding Stream
Schools receive grant funds to support their Student Nutrition Program
School Coordinators and/or volunteers will purchase veg/fruit, protein, and/or whole grain items for their program, depending on their program model.
Benefits of Traditional Grant Funding:
- Schools have the freedom to purchase OSNP approved items not often offered through SFD
School Food Delivery (SFD) Stream
Schools receive deliveries of veg/fruit item to be served in their student nutrition program
Food products are received in place of grant funds. School Coordinators and/or volunteers will purchase protein and/or whole grain items for their program, depending on their program model.
Benefits of SFD:
- All items are pre-washed and in bulk
- Schools have the option to purchase OSNP approved add-on items to be delivered alongside their veg/fruit, eliminating the need for coordinators/volunteers to shop retail
- Staff and volunteers will have more time to educate and excite students about the food being served
- Foods served will comply with government-issued nutritional guidelines and will cost less due to bulk, wholesale purchasing
- Monthly reporting requirements are reduced
Find SFD details including the weekly menu under the “Direct Delivery Programming” tab